4 Months to 12 Months
Around the 4 month mark many parents are keen on getting their little ones into some sort of routine. By this stage in their lives, babies are getting to the routine of daily life. But, issues with sleep can last through to the toddler years and beyond.
At 4 months it’s all going on! Teething, early weaning, attempting to establish a nap routine and your baby starts producing their own Sleep Hormone; Melatonin. Then you have the 4 month sleep regression which is when your baby’s sleeping habits change permanently. Some babies go back to sleeping well in a couple of weeks, but others may need a proactive approach to changing these habits.
You may have been surviving on broken sleep until now, which could be affecting your enjoyment of life as a parent.
The excitement of a new baby may have carried you through the first few months, but no one can run on empty, and tiredness and frustration can have a very negative impact on your life.
Many parents return to work during this stage of their baby’s life, so broken sleep quickly becomes unmanageable.The good news is that in their early years, children can learn and adapt quickly.
As a highly trained and experienced certified baby and toddler sleep consultant, I will work with you to find the correct sleep training method for you and your baby.
Together, we can work on the correct age appropriate awake windows so bub is not overtired and it is no longer a battle getting them down in the first place, then screaming and waking after one sleep cycle.
Are you having any of these issues?
- Cat napping
- Routine going pear shaped after a while
- No set feeding schedule or issues with feeding
- Frequent night wakings
- Baby being unsettled
- Day and night confusion
- Waking within the first hour
I use gentle sleep training to teach your baby to sleep. Together, we can establish night-time feeding routines and cot transition. We can look at weaning and starting solids and ways to produce more melatonin to aid better sleep.
We will be addressing all the following:
- Establish a day and night time age appropriate feeding routine
- Sleeping through the night
- Self settling
- Establishing an age appropriate nap routine
- Co sleeping to cot transition
- Crib to cot transition
- Bedroom transition
- Bedroom environment
- Fixing early morning wake ups
What’s included in your Sleep Programme:
2 weeks of intensive daily support throughout your sleep training programme
- A comprehensive sleep assessment
- A personalised sleep plan with an age appropriate gentle sleep methods
- 2 x 30 mins phone calls
- Daily email support
- Daily sleep log analysis
- Lifetime access to my private Facebook group for clients only
- Option to upgrade to what’s app support
Included in your sleep shaping package is the following invaluable and extensive digital e-handouts for your baby’s sleep up until the age of 5 years old when they are nap free.
This means you will never need to access sleep support again; you will have everything you need for your baby’s sleep, and you will be equipped to deal with any sleep issue. You will always have your baby on the correct age appropriate sleep routine, food and milk schedule.
- Sleep handouts for you to keep which include:
- Age appropriate routines
- Nap transitions
- Stretching awake times and how to adjust your routine for your baby’s age
- Dreaded sleep regressions
- Early morning wake ups – reasons & solutions
- Managing days out and social activities
- Managing travel
- Managing sickness
- Managing teething
- Managing daycare